Wellingborough Amateur Swimming Club
Volunteer Recruitment Policy
What are the Club's aims?
- To provide a safe, friendly environment for the teaching, learning and coaching of swimming
- To teach all four recognised swimming strokes as laid down by the ASA laws
- To encourage swimmers to go on to develop competitive swimming skills, allowing them to compete in galas, at local, County, District and National Level.
Do we need volunteers?
We rely on volunteers to meet all of our aims. We work to ensure that we always have a sufficient number of highly qualified volunteers working within the club.
What do we do?
There are many different roles within the Club.
- Committee posts, such as Treasurer, Secretary, Welfare Officer, and many others
- Teaching and coaching
- Team managing, supervision and helping at galas.
If you would like to know more about the jobs then you can contact any member of the committee who will ensure you receive a copy of the job descriptions and can arrange for a member of the Committee or Workforce Co-ordinator to discuss the post with you in detail.
Other opportunities are also available, such as assisting teachers and coaches, and jobs that need to be done at competitions such as record keeping, announcing, raffle, etc.
Volunteers can help at as few or as many sessions as they want. Competitive events (galas) are normally held on Saturday evenings and can be anywhere! For events held further than 20 miles from Wellingborough, transport will be provided.
Who do we recruit?
We welcome anyone who is keen! Most of our current volunteers are parents, ex-swimmers or swimmers, but we are working to widen our catchment area.
We may also assist any members who wish to take their ASA Assistant Teachers course by paying a percentage of the cost of the course.
How do we recruit?
- Our workforce co-ordinator may approach you
- Posters on the notice board
- Via Club website
- Word of mouth
- By you reading our Newsletter!! ( published monthly )
- OR YOU CAN APROACH US!